Accidents and mishaps are quite common in this world. But does that mean accidents should be left unhindered and that the confusion and the pain that comes after that should be left like that? Not they should be avoided and god forbid, when such things happen to a loved one or most likely to you it turns out nasty. But if a person takes the right steps in such circumstances they can easily avoid the risk of accidents.
An estimation 40,000 Americans die in car accidents every year. Because car accidents have become such a common thing nowadays, practising defensive driving as recommended by the California DMV Traffic School is more important than ever in today’s world. Everyone is responsible for themselves therefore keeping these points in mind is highly recommended always.
Always remember to exercise caution while you’re on the road, it’s advisable to practice alert driving techniques.
Following are some causes of car accidents as a result of poor driving practices and bad decision making:
1. Drunk Driving: It may not be a surprise but drinking and driving is one of the most dangerous things a person can do while driving. Every year many people die as a result of drunk driving and suffer injuries. Putting light into that perspective, every 30 minutes a person dies from an alcohol-related crash. Avoid driving after being drunk always!
2. Feeling Drowsy Still Driving: If you’re drowsy avoid driving at all costs, because it not only puts you but others at risk, especially other cars on the road. Moving into the wrong lane or off the road should be done with utmost care and precision. Always practice safe driving by being alert, having energy foods or find another driver who can help you out!
3. Distraction: With so many things on our mind we head out into this world only to delve into our never ending river of thoughts. Well its not a child play to drive, its a huge responsibility and being distracted can be detrimental to life and health. If you’re Eating food, Talking on the phone or messaging, Applying Makeup, Making Notes, or any type task. It may turn out bad for you but for others around you. Therefore, take a breather and reduce your distractions, or the best is try meditation it helps to clear the mind!
4. High Speeding: This is where most of us try to escape yes its the “speed limit” well they’re designed for a reason. According to a data around 30-40% of all traffic–related deaths involve driving fast. Its advisable to always drive in the speed limit and practice safe driving.
5. Running Red Lights: Red, Yellow, Green and we’re off! Well another common cause of car accidents is running red lights. As traffic lights are designed to control the flow of traffic and avoid mishaps and accidents. Practising safe driving by following the lights and slowing down at a yellow light will always get you to your destination on time rather than rushing somewhere and ending up in a hospital.
Nothing is impossible if you practice caution, it may be impossible to eliminate the risks associated with car accidents, but if you drive safe you can minimize your chances of an accident!